Emergency Dentist in Billings, MT
Dental emergencies happen all the time. We want you to know that we are here for you when they do, to provide timely and effective emergency dental care in Billings, MT. Whether or not the timing is convenient, we want to help you during this time of stress. We are your emergency dentist. For established patients, Dr. Johnson will even come in early or stay late to take care of your tooth emergency.
In that regard, please follow these basic guidelines during your emergency.
Emergency Dental Care Guidelines
- When it becomes necessary to handle a tooth, touch it only by the crown. This is the visible biting surface. Avoid the touching the root!
- When cleaning a loose or broken tooth, rinse it gently.
- Once the tooth and socket are clean, try to place the tooth back into the socket. If this is possible, leave it there until reaching the dental office.
- If you ever find it necessary to store a tooth on your way to the dental office, always keep it moist. When at all possible, use milk for this purpose. It will cause much less swelling in the tooth’s tissues.
- A small chip or minor crack will usually not be cause for alarm. Unless you are in severe tooth pain, these injuries will not worsen significantly over the few hours it may take to see a dentist.
- Don’t hesitate to call the dental office. We will be able to help you assess the level of your emergency and give you further instruction.
Emergency Dental Treatment
Dental accidents can be traumatic and stressful. Rest assured that we will help you, when they arise.
For those accidents that are extremely painful or time-sensitive, we are open to same-day appointments. Your health is our priority.
For those situations which are not an immediate threat to the health of your teeth, we will schedule you in as soon as we possibly can, and give you as much information as we can, for the care of your particular dental needs.
Don’t let your mouth suffer longer than necessary. If you have experienced a dental accident, or have any questions about such a situation, please call our office right away.